Are Spring Semester Admissions More Competitive for Junior Undergrad Transfers?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
waht
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
4
Are univs more likely to accept you as a junior undergrad transfer student for a spring semester rather than fall?

I would assume some students would drop out in the fall, so you would replace them in the spring or something like that.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would imagine it would be more likely in the fall. A lot of transfer students are finishing their 2 year degrees and are looking to transfer for a 4 year university after their fourth semester.
 
I'm not sure about the admissions chances, but way more students transfer for the fall semester, not the spring. Some schools don't accept transfers in the spring for certain majors or departments. Some schools don't accept any transfers, regardless, for the spring