Are You Lucky? Find Out What Happens When You Don't Win

  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: Now if you tell who your team is and i give you £50 to invite your relative when they playI have run into a streek of bad luck with the weather :mad: Today is the third classic car show and cruse this is being rained out! We spend days getting the cars ready..85 degrees not a cloud in sight. Day of the show, not just a garden variety shower...A DELUGE with high winds and hail, power lines and trees down.
  • #1
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,446
558
Are you lucky? I know some one that isn't :grumpy: Do you all ways win at
cards, slot machines whatever.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
:bugeye: I wanted to start the same thread!
 
  • #3
Lisa! said:
:bugeye: I wanted to start the same thread!

Awww, sorry, we can share it, OK ?
 
  • #4
No need to be sorry, sir. It was just my question and I wanted to have others' ideas. So thank you to start this thread. :wink:
 
  • #5
Quite simple no!

My friends refer to me as the unluckiest person they know!
Truth be told it`s probably not bad luck more to do with the fact i tend to walk around thinking and not paying attention to my enviroment, therefore i tend to trip over things, slip on wet floors, step on rust nails etc.
 
  • #6
zanazzi78 said:
Quite simple no!

My friends refer to me as the unluckiest person they know!
Truth be told it`s probably not bad luck more to do with the fact i tend to walk around thinking and not paying attention to my enviroment, therefore i tend to trip over things, slip on wet floors, step on rust nails etc.

An unlucky Welsh man, no i thought you lot all ways came up trumps :biggrin:
 
  • #7
wolram said:
An unlucky Welsh man, no i thought you lot all ways came up trumps :biggrin:

We seem to have a bit of luck in the rugby this year.

I think it`s safe to say we are, World Champion beaters! :biggrin:
 
  • #8
zanazzi78 said:
We seem to have a bit of luck in the rugby this year.

I think it`s safe to say we are, World Champion beaters! :biggrin:

Yes, you are an ok lot, until you start speaking in tongues :rofl:
 
  • #9
We seem to have a bit of luck in the rugby this year.
LUCK! Luck is not a factor. 6 Nations was the reawakening of the Dragon. I can't wait until November when we get to beat the All Blacks and the Aussies.
 
  • #10
Luck? Sure, I have lots of luck, all of it bad. :grumpy: (But, of course, if things go well, it's certainly not luck, it's skill. :biggrin:)
 
  • #11
Moonbear said:
Luck? Sure, I have lots of luck, all of it bad. :grumpy: (But, of course, if things go well, it's certainly not luck, it's skill. :biggrin:)
:rofl: :rofl:
 
  • #12
Daminc said:
LUCK! Luck is not a factor. 6 Nations was the reawakening of the Dragon. I can't wait until November when we get to beat the All Blacks and the Aussies.

I hear you :smile:

World Domination is on the way :biggrin:
 
  • #13
I think I have pretty good luck. For example, when I play rummy with my family I win 60%+ of the games, which I say is skill :smile: but my family says luck.
 
  • #14
I know a lady that wins lots of money from slot machines and swears she is
lucky, thing is she also puts lots in :smile:
 
  • #15
I have seem true bad luck hit the same people time and time again. I can also say the same for good luck. I'm more of a even keel luck person, a little of each and my boat won't tip.
 
  • #16
All the bad stuff seems to happen to me :/ :(.
 
  • #17
Nylex said:
All the bad stuff seems to happen to me :/ :(.

:rofl: I used to have it, i passed it on.
 
  • #18
I used to be pretty lucky when I had less than 17, but now I'm not. :cry: :cry: But well at least I know people who have really bad luck and bring bad luck for others too. :uhh: My favorite football team always loses when 1 of my relatives comes to visit us. :grumpy: :grumpy: So I try not to invite that person when my favorite teams have an important match.
 
  • #19
Lisa! said:
I used to be pretty lucky when I had less than 17, but now I'm not. :cry: :cry: But well at least I know people who have really bad luck and bring bad luck for others too. :uhh: My favorite football team always loses when 1 of my relatives comes to visit us. :grumpy: :grumpy: So I try not to invite that person when my favorite teams have an important match.

Now if you tell who your team is and i give you £50 to invite your relative
when they play :biggrin:
 
  • #20
I have run into a streek of bad luck with the weather :mad: Today is the third classic car show and cruse this is being rained out! We spend days getting the cars ready..85 degrees not a cloud in sight. Day of the show, not just a garden variety shower...A DELUGE with high winds and hail, power lines and trees down.
 
  • #21
Mr wolram said:
Now if you tell who your team is and i give you £50 to invite your relative
when they play :biggrin:
Your national team! :wink:
 
  • #22
My friend tends to be very unlucky. however, he found a dollar on friday the 13th. :confused:
 
  • #23
Lisa! said:
Your national team! :wink:
lilliputia united :bugeye:
 

1. What is the definition of "luck" in this context?

In this context, "luck" refers to a positive or desirable outcome that is not influenced by one's actions or decisions. It is often perceived as a random or chance occurrence.

2. How does luck play a role in everyday life?

Luck can play a role in everyday life by affecting the outcomes of events or situations that are out of our control. It can also impact our perceptions and attitudes towards certain situations.

3. Can someone's luck change over time?

Yes, someone's luck can change over time. Luck is often perceived as a random occurrence, so it can fluctuate and change over time. Factors such as personal beliefs, attitude, and actions can also influence one's perceived luck.

4. Is there a way to increase one's luck?

While there is no definitive way to increase one's luck, some people believe that having a positive attitude, being open to new opportunities, and taking action towards one's goals can improve their chances of experiencing positive outcomes.

5. How does not winning something impact one's luck?

Not winning something does not necessarily impact one's luck. Luck is often perceived as a random occurrence, so not winning does not necessarily mean that someone is unlucky. It is important to remember that luck is just one factor that can influence outcomes, and it is not the sole determinant of success or failure.

Similar threads

Replies
13
Views
925
Replies
9
Views
2K
  • General Discussion
Replies
20
Views
3K
Replies
7
Views
499
  • Set Theory, Logic, Probability, Statistics
Replies
9
Views
1K
Replies
3
Views
651
  • General Discussion
Replies
18
Views
1K
Replies
32
Views
1K
  • General Discussion
Replies
1
Views
776
Replies
19
Views
844
Back
Top