Aspiring to become a Mechanical Engineer

In summary, a new user named ATranPV has introduced themselves as a 19-year-old student interested in becoming a Mechanical Engineer. They have joined the PF community to learn and make a difference in the world. Other users have welcomed them and given advice, and there is a playful initiation process involving a large trout. Another new user has also introduced themselves, expressing interest in astronomy and asking if there is an option to chat online on PF.
ATranPV
Hello PF users:

First off, I would like to say how excited I am to be part of the PF community. I just wanted to make a brief introduction of myself to 'break the ice'.

I am a 19 year old student aspiring to become a Mechanical Engineer. I love learning how things work and how to possibly make them better or more efficient. I am just starting out my calculus, physics, and chemistry series at school. It's very stressful at times but I just take one class at a time...one test at a time...and one homework assignment at a time.

With everything that's happening in the world right now (Japan, Libia etc.), I think to myself what I can possibly do in order to make a difference...

So instead of spending countless hours on Facebook reading useless material that amounts to nothing, I've decided to join here.

Thanks for reading.
ATranPV

P.S. If anyone has any advice they could give me, anything at all, I would appreciate it.

Physics news on Phys.org

Welcome! :smile:

I like math, science, and good people. If you like those things as well, then you'll love it here! I also like mustard, but I don't think that it has any affect on my experience with PF or its members.

Welcome! I'm in the Air Force and I tend to surf the PF a lot during my time at work since I have a desk job. I'm glad i joined PF!

Welcome to PF! Let's start the initiation process:

*smacks ATranPV with a large trout*

:biggrin:

Welcome to PF, ATranPV :smile:!

Welcome AtranPV

Advice? If you are really concerned about world matters, how people interact with force majeures? For a better understanding, read up on sociological psychological publications about human group interactions.

HI everyone:
I am new on PF.I am only 17 yrs old and i am interested in astronomy{esp. astro physics}
My vocab. is not very good so pleasez spare me if i have done any mistakes.I wanted to ask that can v chat online in pf ?

Ohhhh we love new people! Welcome, enjoy the flight. We ask that you keep your seats in a locked, upright position. In the event of lost pressure, masks will drop from the overhead. Be sure to put yours on, before helping your neighbor.

Welcome ATranPV, hope you enjoy PF :smile:

What is Mechanical Engineering?

Mechanical Engineering is a branch of engineering that involves the design, production, and operation of mechanical systems. This can include anything from small individual parts to large systems such as vehicles or machines.

What skills are necessary to be a successful Mechanical Engineer?

Some key skills that are necessary for a successful Mechanical Engineer include strong mathematical and analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a team.

What education is required to become a Mechanical Engineer?

To become a Mechanical Engineer, you will need to earn a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university. Some employers may also prefer or require a master's degree in this field.

What kind of job opportunities are available for Mechanical Engineers?

Mechanical Engineers have a wide range of job opportunities available to them, including positions in industries such as automotive, aerospace, manufacturing, and energy. They may also work in research and development, design, or project management roles.

What should I expect from a career as a Mechanical Engineer?

A career as a Mechanical Engineer can be challenging, but also highly rewarding. You can expect to work on a variety of projects, use your problem-solving skills, and be involved in the creation of innovative technologies. It also offers good job stability and potential for career advancement.