1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Associates in ME to bachelors in CS

1. Sep 19, 2016 #1
    So I've been perusing this associates in ME for the past year and I have one year left until I'm finished. I was thinking about continuing my education in ME at a university but I just recently found an interest in computer science. I've always liked computers, I even programmed a little when I was 10, and I thought about majoring in it when I started college 2 years ago but I changed my mind. I'm now reconsidering it.

Does anyone thing this would be a stupid decision? I love physics and math and the only thing I'm worried about with CS is that I won't do any physics. I hear that you barely do any physics/problem solving as an engineer but this is from people with entry level positions so they could just not have enough experience.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2016 #2

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Do engineers do problem solving? That's basically the job description. Do you generally deal with cutting edge physics? No. Do you apply physics during problem solving? That again is the job description.

As far as switching to computer science, do you have the undergrad prerequisites done for transfer? If you do switching is no big deal, unless you've already applied and choosen a major during the application process. If not, you may not get accepted, and if you do you get accepted, you may be adding another year of study at University.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted