1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Extended Essay Suggestions

1. Feb 25, 2013 #1
    I am a high school student who is extremely passionate about physics. As part of the IB program, I need to pick a question and write an extended essay by next September using about 40 hours to write approximately 4,000 words. I chose physics for my subject area, and would appreciate some suggestions for a viable question that I could research and write about given these restraints. The question should be something that I can research with local equipment and needs to pertain to something in the course outline. The course outline is at this link: http://www.haef.gr/gr/pcl/ib/physics.pdf [Broken], starting on page 43.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2013 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Are you going to give us credit for any help that you receive here?

4. Feb 25, 2013 #3
    When you say, "research with local equipment", are you supposed to perform an experiment? Also, what's your mathematical background?

5. Feb 26, 2013 #4
    @jtbell - I don't have any experience with citing forums, but I'll make sure to credit these forums in the final bibliography.

@bossman27 - Yes, for the scientific subject areas (chemistry, biology, physics) each student is supposed to perform an experiment on their topic. Local equipment just means whatever I can access directly - preferably household or high school level equipment. I am currently taking AP Calculus BC/IB Math HL.

6. Feb 26, 2013 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I think what jtbell was getting at is that, according to what you posted, you need to pick the question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook