Axial vibration on gear box and motor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
sancru98
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have a motor driving a gearbox. I had DE bearing of the gearbox replaced recently as pitting in the inner race was found. Before re coupling the two units, I had the motor vibration checked and found to have satisfactory vibration levels in horizontal, vertical and axial directions. After the two were recoupled, I have done another vibration analysis and instead of improving the axial vibration, it made it worst. The axial displacement have increased...

Anyone seen this kind of problem?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes.

Measure the phase angle between the motor and gearbox in all planes, and we may be able to diagnose a type of misalignment. Also look where the peaks appear in the frequency spectrum, let us know where these appear and what speed the unit runs at.
 
The cpm is around 525 while the rpm is at 680.. how do you measure phase angle?
 
Accelerometers on both components in the same plane, look at the frequencies of concern, and look at whether there's a lag between the two signals. If the axial signals are out of phase, you likely have an angular misalignment problem. If transverse/vertical signals are out of phase, you likely have a parallel misalignment problem.