1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bachelors degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering?

1. Sep 15, 2013 #1
    I want to be an aerospace engineer, but the university i want to go to doesn't offer it as a major (or master for that matter). So i was wondering if it would be best to first get a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering then get a master's degree in aerospace engineering (in another university) or ditch the university i want to go, and go to one that gives a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineeeing (then getting a master's degree).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2013 #2
    Why would you want to go to a university that doesn't have the major you want?

4. Sep 16, 2013 #3
    Because my mom works at this University chain, and it would be free for her

5. Sep 16, 2013 #4
    Take the mechanical engineering degree because it overlaps a lot with aerospace engineering and it will leave you with options to move to different fields if you wanted to. Also you mentioned it would be free. Seems like a no brainer since you would have a very employable degree for free all the while still being able to still go to graduate school later for aerospace.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook