Bachelors degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering?

ricandre69
I want to be an aerospace engineer, but the university i want to go to doesn't offer it as a major (or master for that matter). So i was wondering if it would be best to first get a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering then get a master's degree in aerospace engineering (in another university) or ditch the university i want to go, and go to one that gives a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineeeing (then getting a master's degree).

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

ricandre69
Because my mom works at this University chain, and it would be free for her

caldweab
I want to be an aerospace engineer, but the university i want to go to doesn't offer it as a major (or master for that matter). So i was wondering if it would be best to first get a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering then get a master's degree in aerospace engineering (in another university) or ditch the university i want to go, and go to one that gives a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineeeing (then getting a master's degree).

Take the mechanical engineering degree because it overlaps a lot with aerospace engineering and it will leave you with options to move to different fields if you wanted to. Also you mentioned it would be free. Seems like a no brainer since you would have a very employable degree for free all the while still being able to still go to graduate school later for aerospace.

Suggested for: Bachelors degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering?

Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views