Bachelors in Chemistry and Masters in Chemical Engineering

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 11K views
EasyTuner21
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello

I have a bachelors in chemistry and am planning to do a masters in chemical engineering. I was just wondering what the prospects would be of obtaining an engineering job without the bachelors in engineering? I am in Toronto if that matters.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The one concern I would have is that some jobs might require a professional engineer certification... you may want to look into this. I'm not sure of the requirements for this certification in Canada, but in the US you need a bachelor's degree in the field of interest (at least that's the present case in the US, but in I think 2015 or so, they will change it to include science majors plus 30 degrees graduate credit in engineering -- i.e. a bachelor's in science is ok if you have a master's in engineering).

Note: That might limit your prospects only if the job lists it as a requirement and if the company uses I computerized search. I'd still say your job prospects with a graduate degree in engineering are pretty good. :wink:
 
Thanks a lot for the information physicsgirl. May I ask what educational and career path you took?