1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Back to engineering after a 5-year scholarship bond in fund management?

1. Dec 15, 2012 #1

J**

Hi all,
    This forum has been a great resource for me for quite some time, but this is my first time posting a thread.

A fund management company is willing to sponsor my undergraduate studies in engineering at a top university. The 'catch' is I have to work 5 years for them after I graduate. However, I don't really mind, though. It's not just because I need the money for my studies; it's also because I find fund management interesting and this company is known for being able to provide excellent training and offer challenging tasks for its scholars.

Nevertheless, I choose to study engineering because I really want to have a career in engineering. Is it possible for me to go back to engineering after the 5-year bond? Or is it possible to apply for postgrad in engineering after the 5-year bond, then venture into engineering upon attaining the postgrad?

Thanks in advance for your insights :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2012 #2

J**

Does admission into Masters/PhD in Engineering require a career in engineering before that?
    Are undergraduate research and grades, along with some engineering-related activities after I graduate, sufficient?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook