Back to engineering after a 5-year scholarship bond in fund management?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
J**
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
This forum has been a great resource for me for quite some time, but this is my first time posting a thread.

A fund management company is willing to sponsor my undergraduate studies in engineering at a top university. The 'catch' is I have to work 5 years for them after I graduate. However, I don't really mind, though. It's not just because I need the money for my studies; it's also because I find fund management interesting and this company is known for being able to provide excellent training and offer challenging tasks for its scholars.

Nevertheless, I choose to study engineering because I really want to have a career in engineering. Is it possible for me to go back to engineering after the 5-year bond? Or is it possible to apply for postgrad in engineering after the 5-year bond, then venture into engineering upon attaining the postgrad?

Thanks in advance for your insights :)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Does admission into Masters/PhD in Engineering require a career in engineering before that?
Are undergraduate research and grades, along with some engineering-related activities after I graduate, sufficient?