1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bandpass Filter component calculations.

1. Jun 25, 2009 #1
    Once again I'm going through all my old homework and taking the notes I should have done in the past, and I am stuck on calculating the components on a Bandpass filter. How would I go about this. I have the answers I just want to know how to find them.
    Thanks

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/676/bandpass.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

That's sort of a cascaded LPF + HPF, right? If the pole and zero are pretty far apart, that makes the values easier to calculate (Quiz Question -- why?). How close are the poles in this question? Can you use the approximation? If not what equation do you need to write (hint -- something about a transfer function)?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Jun 25, 2009 #3
    Yes bandpass filters are Low pass and High pass filters in series. As to the quiz question, I have heard the term poles used many times, but have no clue as what they refer to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook