Bath at night cause you pneumonia?

• Medical
  • Thread starter annoymage
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cause
In summary, people claim that bathing at night can cause pneumonia. However, this is an extreme case and is no longer a common problem.
annoymage
here, what people claim at my country,

based from what i know, bathing at night is one ways to treat insomnia,

any idea?

Biology news on Phys.org
Are you saying that bathing at night causes pneumonia, or that it treats insomnia?

I don't know that either claim is completely implausible, but why it be true medically?

its like a taboo to bathing at night in asia, but i can't understand why,
i'm saying that it is night bath and pneumonia is unrelated.

i'm posting it here, maybe someone can explain it, but it seems it is unrelated. xD

p/s: Hmm, I'm really sorry with my bad english

wow, good find.

hmm, its not very cold and its not very warm, around (25~30) degree celcius i guess,

but, if it is cool, why they didnt say "bathing in early morning will cause pneumonia" instead of night, because the water is cold that time.

annoymage said:
hmm, its not very cold and its not very warm, around (25~30) degree celcius i guess,

but, if it is cool, why they didnt say "bathing in early morning will cause pneumonia" instead of night, because the water is cold that time.

I was just fishing for ideas.

But that was Nice finding. . That news..

hmm, its all about bacteria.

i would wonder if cold exposure could increase susceptibility to bacterial pneumonia. the one time i got pneumonia, i'd been installing a transmission and spent a lot of time laying on my back on the cold ground, which would have lowered my core body temperature. also had a lot of GERD at the time, which probably played a much bigger role.

Ive heard it was sex at night time which causes pneumonia.

Evo said:
Dave, that article was from 1905, we know now that pneumonia is caused by a bacterial infection.

Oh my God how embarrassing. :eek::blushing:

Google, how could you betray me like this? :tongue2:

Soooo...
Pneumonia means inflammation of the lungs with consolidation and exudation.
can be caused by either bacteria or viruses.
it can be a primary condition or a secondary (caused by something else.)
the majority of pneumonia is caused by a bacteria called streptoccusus(?) pneumoniae <--spelled wrong probably.

it used to be a big deal and kill like one out of every four people affected, but since like the 40's(?) we've been able to treat it more effectively with anti-biotics. now it mostly effects children and the elderly.

to the bathing at night gives you pneumonia that's a different noooo.

i think like cold water etc at night could cause you hypothermia.
pneumonia can as happen if you get a bunch of water or food in your lungs, if accidentally inhaled it.
and hypostatic pneumonia which could be the one related to the (bathing) at night is if your lying on your back the water could pool in your lungs.

Last edited:

1. Can taking a bath at night really cause pneumonia?

There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that taking a bath at night can cause pneumonia. Pneumonia is caused by bacteria or viruses, not by taking a bath. It is important to practice good hygiene habits, including bathing regularly, to prevent illness, but there is no direct link between taking a bath at night and developing pneumonia.

2. Is it safe to take a bath at night if I have a weakened immune system?

If you have a weakened immune system, it is important to take extra precautions to prevent illness. However, taking a bath at night does not increase your risk of developing pneumonia. It is still important to practice good hygiene habits and avoid exposure to bacteria and viruses, but taking a bath at night should not be a concern.

3. Can the temperature of the bath water affect my chances of getting pneumonia?

No, the temperature of the bath water does not have any direct effect on your chances of developing pneumonia. However, if you have a fever or other symptoms of illness, it is important to avoid hot baths as they can increase your body temperature and make you feel worse.

4. Should I avoid taking a bath at night if I am already sick with a respiratory illness?

If you are already sick with a respiratory illness, it is important to consult with your doctor about the best course of action for your specific condition. However, in general, taking a bath at night should not worsen your illness or increase your risk of developing pneumonia.

5. Are there any benefits to taking a bath at night for my respiratory health?

Taking a bath at night can help relax and soothe your body, which can have indirect benefits for your respiratory health. It can also help clear your nasal passages and make it easier to breathe. However, taking a bath alone is not a cure for respiratory illnesses and should not be relied upon as the sole method of treatment.