Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Being a film producer/playwriter etc

1. Aug 24, 2011 #1
    How much does one earn to be a film producer/playwriter in the US ? Many people seem to run into this industry. I bet if it is less than 10G/film item, they won't work ?

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2011 #2

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Usually, they earn just enough delivering pizzas so they can afford a place write their plays and read their rejection letters. If they're lucky enough to actually sell one of their plays, then they deserve more money than they probably get.

Only a handful actually make a good living doing that sort of thing.

4. Aug 24, 2011 #3
    My nephew tried the screen writing bit for a few years. He did sell one script to Disney for $50K. They never produced it, they just stole ideas from it.o:)

He had to take a job as a substitute teacher in South Central L.A. For some reason South Central paid it's substitute teachers better than other areas. He used to say: "I can't believe how many of the kids are on drugs."

Now he has his own penny stock web site and also works for a market maker. The pay is good, really good, but he still says " I can't believe how many of these people are on drugs.":devil:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook