Best journal to publish a research in classical mechanics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
andresB
Messages
627
Reaction score
375
I think I have an interesting thing to say on the foundation of classical mechanics and I wonder what would be the best journals to submit a work on that topic.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The best journal to publish in is probably the journal you are already reading to keep up with the developments in the field.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and mfb
That makes a lot of sense.

Besides the original articles from the 30's, and a couple of books my main references are from physical review and a thesis on Arxiv. Physical review was already the journal I had in mind, but I would like to have other options in case I get rejected there.
 
You don't need to know what to do if PRE rejects you until they actually do - and that takes months.
 
Also, if you are rejected, pay close attention to the comments of the referee. They might just tell you whether it is even worth submitting it to a different journal.
 
andresB said:
Besides the original articles from the 30's, and a couple of books my main references are from physical review and a thesis on Arxiv.
There is always a high chance that your idea is not novel. Having only a few journals as your background makes that chance much larger.