Best (or at least good) GR and SR textbook for a 15-year-old highschool student

In summary, French's book is out of date and may not be suitable for someone learning relativity today. Helliwell is a good general relativity textbook, but it is not a beginner's book. Sean Carroll's book is a good beginner's book on general relativity.
AdvaitDhingra said:
Thank you for your advice. It may well be that I overestimate what I understand.
It’s always refreshing to see high schoolers come to terms with their potential limitations so that they may grow. When I was that age I was delusional to say the least.

My personal opinion is that French is long winded. But I would not consider myself competent at SR by a long shot so my opinion may be worthless. That said I did pick up a copy of Morin’s text and it looks promising especially with the multitude of solved examples.

Likes AdvaitDhingra
Physics news on Phys.org
Update: I got The Theoretical Minimum on Classical Mechanics by Leonard Susskind and I find it challenging enough to enjoy it. I am now aware that I have quite a long way to go :D

Likes Demystifier, neilparker62, Delta2 and 3 others
AdvaitDhingra said:
Update: I got The Theoretical Minimum on Classical Mechanics by Leonard Susskind and I find it challenging enough to enjoy it. I am now aware that I have quite a long way to go :D
All the best - your request has certainly created an interesting thread!

Likes PhDeezNutz and AdvaitDhingra