Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best place to sell surplus chemicals?

1. Apr 5, 2015 #1
    Hi all. I recently came into the possession of a fair amount of various chemicals in various amounts. It's not anything outrageous (mostly a lot of ionic silver and lutetium compounds), so eBay would accept it, but I was just wondering if there was a better alternative.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2015 #2
    Ebay or craigslist. Maybe your local school district might take some too.

4. Apr 6, 2015 #3
    Thanks. I have a few unknowns too, so I think I'm gonna give the local university chem department a holler and see if they can offer some assistance. Their budget's probably more in line with what I've got too. Something tells me my high school doesn't want 10 kilos of erbium oxide... haha.

5. Apr 6, 2015 #4
    Hello. I would be interested in the erbium oxide, not all 10 kg however. If you put anything up for sale can you provide a link here or private message me? I was wanting this to make triboluminescent compounds.

6. Apr 7, 2015 #5
    I'm going to err on the side of caution for the time being, given PF's rules on solicitation and advertising, until I hear something from Greg or one of the mods, but I'll keep you in mind.

7. Apr 7, 2015 #6
    Understood. I did see that in the forum rules and was unsure about posting on the thread. I tried to figure out how to PM you, I guess starting a conversation is like a private message? Thanks for keeping me in mind.

8. Apr 7, 2015 #7
    You are free to exchange emails via PM and go from there

9. Apr 7, 2015 #8
    Thanks, Greg.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook