Big doubt about graphene in batteries

In summary: The battery part number may be a custom packaging of standard cells. Device manufacturers often request a minor modification or slightly different packaging if ordering a large quantity of component parts.
Synco
TL;DR Summary
if i put graphene into a lithium battery improves the battery in anyway?
Well people i'm looking electric Motorcycles. And the same seller it's selling a 72V50Ah battery and a 72V60Ah battery, both IN THE SAME WEIGHT, every battery in the shop occurs the same. So or we have a factory mistake, scam, witchery .....or...graphene in the lithium. I have been reading that you can use graphene to improve batteries, hence, you can raise the power practically without extra weight using this extraterrestrial material.

¿True of Fake? or ¿Graphene witchery?

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20230104011806.png
    WeChat Image_20230104011806.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 70
  • WeChat Image_20230104011753.png
    WeChat Image_20230104011753.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 69
Engineering news on Phys.org
Lithium ion batteries already incorporate graphite as a standard anode material. Most proposals for graphene enhanced lithium ion batteries start with this in mind. In the commercial sector, graphene is almost always simply a marketing term used to refer to highly exfoliated and restacked graphite, rather than a single 2D layer of carbon. There are a few benefits from this: first, the exfoliation and restacking breaks up the crystallinity of graphite, which allows the anode to incorporate a higher density of metal ions, leading to a somewhat higher energy storage capacity. Another benefit is the amorphous nature of the graphitic matrix can sometimes facilitate faster charging.

Additionally, graphene has shown mixed results as a physical barrier for corrosion protection, which is of perennial concern in battery fabrication. I don’t know of any commercialization of this effect, though (mainly because it doesn’t work so well).

Synco said:
¿True of Fake?
Regarding doubts, what I would worry about is not the graphene but whether I could identify the battery (and the manufacturer) based on that type number.

I couldn't.

Last edited:
TeethWhitener said:
Lithium ion batteries already incorporate graphite as a standard anode material. Most proposals for graphene enhanced lithium ion batteries start with this in mind. In the commercial sector, graphene is almost always simply a marketing term used to refer to highly exfoliated and restacked graphite, rather than a single 2D layer of carbon. There are a few benefits from this: first, the exfoliation and restacking breaks up the crystallinity of graphite, which allows the anode to incorporate a higher density of metal ions, leading to a somewhat higher energy storage capacity. Another benefit is the amorphous nature of the graphitic matrix can sometimes facilitate faster charging.

Additionally, graphene has shown mixed results as a physical barrier for corrosion protection, which is of perennial concern in battery fabrication. I don’t know of any commercialization of this effect, though (mainly because it doesn’t work so well).
Very useful information, thank you very much
Rive said:
Regarding doubts, what I would worry about is not the graphene but whether I could identify the battery (and the manufacturer) based on that type number.

I couldn't.
Me too

The battery part number may be a custom packaging of standard cells. Device manufacturers often request a minor modification or slightly different packaging if ordering a large quantity of component parts. The component supplier then assigns a unique Part No.

This not only makes it easier for the end-product manufacturer, but also makes them the only source for a replacement part; much additional profit gained that way.

Anyhow, in a Google search, the first four hits show Li-Ion Protection Boards with part numbers that correlate with some data in the photos.

https://www.google.com/search?q="207260"+battery

Now, if someone that can read Chinese can be found...

Happy Hunting,
Tom

Tom.G said:
Now, if someone that can read Chinese can be found...
编号 just means serial number, and 产品型号 just means product number. I imagine it’s just a misprint.

1. What is graphene and how is it used in batteries?

Graphene is a thin, strong, and highly conductive material made of a single layer of carbon atoms. It is used in batteries as a conductive additive to improve their performance and energy storage capacity.

2. What are the potential benefits of using graphene in batteries?

The use of graphene in batteries has the potential to greatly increase their energy density, allowing for longer-lasting and more powerful batteries. It can also improve the charging and discharging speed of batteries, making them more efficient.

3. Are there any drawbacks to using graphene in batteries?

One potential drawback of using graphene in batteries is its high cost. Additionally, there are still some challenges in mass-producing graphene and incorporating it into battery production processes. There are also concerns about the long-term stability and safety of graphene in batteries.

4. How does the addition of graphene affect the overall cost of batteries?

The addition of graphene can increase the cost of batteries due to the high cost of producing and incorporating graphene. However, it is important to consider the potential long-term cost savings from improved battery performance and longevity.

5. What is the current research and development status of graphene in batteries?

There is ongoing research and development in using graphene in batteries, with many promising results. However, more studies and advancements are needed before it can be widely implemented in commercial batteries. Researchers are also exploring other potential applications of graphene in energy storage, such as supercapacitors.