Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bigfoot Raids Peach Groves

1. Jul 8, 2004 #1
    Address:http://www.nbc13.com/news/3508750/detail.html
    CLANTON, Ala. -- Whether you're a believer or not, the legend of Bigfoot is alive and well in Chilton County.
    For decades people there have been talking about the strange creature that apparently has an affinity for the local peach crop.
    In the 1960s, some strange footprints were found in a Chilton County peach grove. Now the original investigator reminisces about the time he spent tracking Bigfoot.
    "In our opinion it was definitely not a fake. It was a real track," said James Earl Johnson, the former Chilton County investigator, whose case sparked a legend back in the 1960s.
    "We checked the peach orchard, and there was a trail leading out of the peach orchard, and it was tracks -- strange looking tracks, similar to a human but bigger and wider," said Johnson.
    With nothing but a print to go on, picking a name for the elusive creature wasn't very hard. Since then, Bigfoot sightings have been reported across the country, and sketches of the creature vary depending on where the sighting occurred. The name varies as well. In Alabama, the creature is known as Bigfoot, while in northern areas, it's known as a Sasquatch.
    "Supposedly, the legend is that a hairy man-like creature that walks on two legs at some point inhabited the bottomland swamp regions in Chilton County in Clanton, Ala.," said Bryan Wyatt, a Bigfoot researcher.
    "I know one thing: (Bigfoot) likes Chilton County peaches," said Johnson.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2004 #2
    Forty years and they still can't track one down. And this is in Alabama! You would think they would know how to hunt better than just about anyone in the country.

4. Jul 10, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Obviously no one has been hunting in the peach groves. :biggrin:

5. Jul 18, 2004 #4
    LOL

A few months agpo I saw an interview with the guy who dressed up in the famous Sasquatch film

6. Jul 18, 2004 #5
    Allegedly. From what I understand the man who's now claiming he dressed up as bigfoot for Patterson is quite convinced there's money to be made.

7. Jul 21, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

You wouldnt have thought that bigfeet would eat peaches would you now. Crazy.... hey there are bigfeet stealing plums off my tree!!! COME BACK WITH MY FRUIT YOU THIEVING APES!

8. Jul 21, 2004 #7

JD

It isn't just Bigfoot who enjoys Chilton County peaches!

9. Jul 21, 2004 #8
    Big foot does exist! He just has one of those cloaking devices like Predetor.

10. Jul 24, 2004 #9
    im bigfoot

11. Jul 24, 2004 #10
    You're not. You're a delivery boy, collecting a bill, for a bunch of grocery clerks.

12. Jul 24, 2004 #11
    and you reach this conclusion by...

13. Jul 24, 2004 #12
    Because I'm bigfoot.

14. Jul 25, 2004 #13
    lol

maybe it is just a ferral human stealing peaches

15. Jul 26, 2004 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

NO! I swear it was a coupla of bigfeet. And I have shaky and inconclusive video evidence to prove it!!

16. Jul 26, 2004 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes but you're the Right BigFoot, we still need a Left BigFoot.

I am making a command decision and declaring Jim Beam our Left Bigfoot. I don't mean to overstep my powers but I feel compelled to take this action.

17. Jul 29, 2004 #16

Gza

What size are the apes feet to be called bigfoot? I'm sure there has to be some other distinguishing characteristic than his big feet. I mean, I have size 14 feet but no ones running around calling me bigfoot. geez.

18. Jul 29, 2004 #17
    It is so frickin' slippery of you to exploit the liguistic convention whereby bigfoot is refered to in the singular instead of as "bigfeet". Are you the illegitimate offspring of Werner Heisenberg?

19. Aug 2, 2004 #18

jimmy p

Gold Member

I prefer "bigfeet" also.

20. Aug 2, 2004 #19

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's what you think. :rofl:

21. Aug 2, 2004 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

WHAT? You have two feet?!!!

All of this time I thought you were one of the legendary Pogozoobys.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?