BodyMedia Weight Management System opinions

In summary, the BodyMedia weight management system is a cool little device that my friend has been using and thinks is great. Has anyone used it? Know of its accuracy? Reliability? Opinions welcome!
Pengwuino
Gold Member
One of my friends told me about this interesting little device called the BodyMedia weight management system. Here's a linky linky to amazon's listing. My friend has been losing weight (as have I) and he uses this thing and thinks it's great. Has anyone used this? Know of its accuracy? Reliability? Opinions welcome :)

http://www.worldnewswire.info/wp-co...dy-media-armband-and-activity-manager.nl_.bmp

DISCUSS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I see people wearing these but I've never used one.

My $0.02: anything that acts as a reminder to eat less and move more is a good thing.

The Rhody meter bracelet (imaginary) repeating mantra says:

1. Stop drinking all aritificially sweetened drinks, good for 10 lb weight loss, more if you are heavier.
2. Substitute healthy snacks, apples, etc... for unhealthy ones.
3. Walk away from every main meal when 1/2 to 2/3rds consumed. No exceptions.
4. Exercise in moderation at least 3 times a week for one hour, your choice, walking, cardio, weights, etc...
5. Repeat steps 1 - 4 consistently for 6 months, do not weigh yourself, judge by belt size only. Observe result, I think you will be pleased.

Rhody...

lol, and is there a "quick link" button to upload your numbers to Facebook? An option to tweet the results of your last exercise routine.

Reminds me of a progress bar on Role Playing Video Games; and seems to be the only "useful" thing this thing does. To "see Results" before actual seeing any real results.

How does it know calories burned / consumed / how long you slept ect?I had a poutine for lunch and haven't exercised today.

Only 1/2 a gold star for today.

You're all killing me here.

Hmm a different perspective,

I am myself, I can't change myself without benchmarks, feedback ect.

I personally don't care to remember/know the calories I consumed, burned how long I slept.I have a remote control car toy, and I like to know all the details, battery volts, motor RPM, temperature ect. I could just check the temp with my hand and ball park the amp hours left in the battery and get by just as well; but the "real time data" is way cooler/funner.

This weight management device seems like it falls under a similar "toy" category.

Pengwuino said:
You're all killing me here.
Someone's got to Peng...

Rhody... o:)

1. How accurate is the BodyMedia Weight Management System?

The BodyMedia Weight Management System has been found to be very accurate in tracking physical activity, sleep, and calorie burn. Studies have shown that the device has a 90% accuracy rate in tracking energy expenditure.

2. Is the BodyMedia Weight Management System easy to use?

The BodyMedia Weight Management System is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. The device can be easily worn on the upper arm and the data can be accessed through a smartphone app or online portal.

3. Does the BodyMedia Weight Management System work for all body types?

The BodyMedia Weight Management System is designed to work for all body types. The device uses multiple sensors to accurately track physical activity and calorie burn, regardless of body shape or size.

4. What kind of data does the BodyMedia Weight Management System track?

The BodyMedia Weight Management System tracks physical activity, sleep patterns, and calorie burn. It also provides data on steps taken, distance traveled, and active minutes.

5. Can the BodyMedia Weight Management System help with weight loss?

The BodyMedia Weight Management System can be a helpful tool for weight loss by providing accurate data on physical activity and calorie burn. However, it should be used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise routine for best results.