Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bogoliubov Transformation Presentation

1. Apr 21, 2016 #1
    Hi

I have to give a presentation on Bogoliubov transformations to my undergrad solid state physics class. The presentation is only supposed to be 15ish minutes long, and defining them alone will take a few minutes. Because of the time constraint, I was wondering if anyone knew of a simple example/topic to discuss on superfluidity, to draw a connection between the math and hinting at some phenomenology, justifying the math. I don't really want to break out the hamiltonian formalism for too long or anything, and maybe th dispersion relation may also be too formal. I don't think it would be too enlighting or instructive. Something I can sort of get at that is kinda simple

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted