Books You Wish Were Available Back in the Day

  • Thread starter Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
7,643
Reaction score
1,602
Which more recent books do you wish had been available when you were an undergrad student, grad student, or postdoc?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Arfken and Weber: Mathematical Physics or something similar.

The closest book I had to it was the CRC Handbook of Mathematical Stuff and the Schaum's Outlines Mathematical Handbook
 
jedishrfu said:
CRC Handbook of Mathematical Stuff
I still have CRC (Chemical Rubber Co.) Standard Mathematical Tables, 15th Ed. I've had it since "back in the day."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jedishrfu
My preference was the Schaum's as it had more pictures and a detailed discussion on coordinate systems, ones I'd never heard before. Also it was a bit lighter and easier to carry to class.