What is Breakbeat Techno Metal?

• Thread starter mr bob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Metal
In summary, "Breakbeat techno metal thingy" is a genre of music that combines breakbeat, techno, and heavy metal elements. It emerged in the late 1990s and was popularized by artists like The Prodigy and Pitchshifter. The genre is characterized by its use of breakbeats, electronic elements, and heavy, distorted guitar riffs. Some notable artists in this genre include The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers, and Rob Zombie. Over time, "Breakbeat techno metal thingy" has evolved to incorporate new elements from other genres and has gained a cult following. It has also been featured in various media such as video games, movies, and television shows.
mr bob
Hey guys,

Have a listen to what i do when I am not doing maths and physics (music wise).
www.myspace.com/thevolatilegentlemen

I hope you enjoy.

It might make for some interesting late night (Britain) conversation. Or at the very least mildly annoy you.

Physics news on Phys.org
well...it certainly is different.

Not too far off the reaction i was expecting:biggrin:

its different yeah. kinda makes me want to sleep, but i think i'd have weird dreams. course i do anyway, man, I'm really sleepy now. i should've had this the other night.

FAQ: What is Breakbeat Techno Metal?

1. What exactly is "Breakbeat techno metal thingy"?

"Breakbeat techno metal thingy" is a genre of music that combines elements of breakbeat, techno, and heavy metal. It typically features fast-paced, electronic beats, distorted guitar riffs, and aggressive vocals.

2. How did "Breakbeat techno metal thingy" originate?

The genre emerged in the late 1990s as a fusion of breakbeat and techno music with heavy metal influences. It was popularized by artists such as The Prodigy and Pitchshifter.

3. What are the key characteristics of "Breakbeat techno metal thingy"?

The genre is characterized by its use of breakbeats, which are sampled and looped drum breaks from funk, soul, and hip hop music. It also incorporates electronic elements such as synthesizers and drum machines, and the heavy, distorted guitar riffs of heavy metal.

4. Who are some notable artists in the "Breakbeat techno metal thingy" genre?

Some notable artists in this genre include The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers, and Rob Zombie. Other popular artists include The Prodigy, Pendulum, and Celldweller.

5. How has "Breakbeat techno metal thingy" evolved over time?

Since its inception, "Breakbeat techno metal thingy" has continued to evolve and incorporate new elements from other genres such as industrial, dubstep, and drum and bass. It has also gained a cult following and has been featured in various media, such as video games, movies, and television shows.