I'm looking to build a basic electric shocker as part of simple game setup I'm making. The shock is not intended to be painful, but it should be somewhat irritating (like a pen shocker toy). However, I'm a little unsure how I'm to go about doing this. Obviously I'll need some sort of DC to AC converter, and a capacitor of some kind. I was told I could rip the DC to AC converter out of anything and just flip it around. Then I imagine it'll charge the capacitor, which I'll discharge to shock people. It sounds simple in theory but I really don't know much specifics. Will any DC to AC converter work? Is a large one dangerous? What kind of capacitor should I use? How can I alter the strength of the shock? etc. Any help is appreciated. I'm electronics knowledgeable but not exactly electronics trained. So be basic if possible.