Bush's website rejects non-US visitors

• News
  • Thread starter graphic7
  • Start date
In summary, the Bush-Cheney campaign has cited security reasons for blocking access to their website. They claim that President Bush is an international threat and that he must be protected from defacing his website. They also state that people in the United States are trying to hack into the website and that this is an issue of national security.
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, either that or due to capacity limits, he wants to make sure the people who matter have access to his site.

russ_watters said:
Well, either that or due to capacity limits, he wants to make sure the people who matter have access to his site.

Well the server is hosted on a single connection. Therefore, he'd have to be explicitly rate limiting foreign access, which is just as bad as denying any in the first place.

Last edited:
Bush is an international threat. He was first to agree his sight must have homeland security. After you go murdering and stealing across Iraq, you must protect yourself because the international community condemns it.

Notice this only started on October 24th. If he was as anti foreign as you are seeming to imply this would have been done ages ago, most likely around September 11th.
After you go murdering and stealing across Iraq, you must protect yourself because the international community condemns it.
Stealing? Murdering yes but it is a war and I don't believe a war has been fought without killing. You make it seem as though the Iraqi's have not killed any of our soldiers, along with any of their innocent citizens who were glad to see Sadam go.

Your guess is just as good as mine as to why the Bush-Cheney campaign would ban foreign visitors. The "security" issue seems rather artificial. Any person with a malicious intent would be intelligent enough to grab a US proxy, and use it to carry out their malicious activities. Banning all foreign users certainly wouldn't stop that. And, who's to say that people in the United States aren't wanting to deface the President's web site?

Well I don't know anything about computer hacking but if someone managed to do that to the presidents website, and they were on U.S grounds and got caught I'm assuming they would have some "problems" which would be different if a foreigner did it. Still it is a bit weird and annoying, I guess.

You mean you haven't got used to having your freedoms eroded? I'm wondering how long you are going to be allowed to have any genuine communication left at all. But don't worry, Mr President knows best; you don't want us nasty foreigners putting un-American ideas in your heads, do you?

1. Why is President Bush's website rejecting non-US visitors?

The website has implemented a geo-blocking feature to restrict access to visitors outside of the United States. This is likely due to security and privacy concerns.

2. Can non-US citizens still access the website?

No, the website is currently only accessible to visitors within the United States. Non-US citizens will not be able to access the website unless they use a virtual private network (VPN) to mask their location.

3. Is this a new feature on the website?

No, the geo-blocking feature has been in place for some time now. However, it may have recently been updated or strengthened, causing an increase in the number of non-US visitors being rejected.

4. How does the geo-blocking feature work?

The website uses an IP address database to determine the location of the visitor. If the IP address is not associated with a location within the United States, the visitor will be denied access to the website.

5. Will the website ever allow non-US visitors again?

It is unclear if the website will change its policy in the future. This decision is ultimately up to the website administrators and any changes will likely depend on the security and privacy concerns at the time.