1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Business major with a minor in nuclear engineering

1. Apr 28, 2012 #1
    I am currently and international business and accounting major with a minor in chinese.
    i love what i am doing but i want to take nuclear engineering, aside from the fact that the subject is fascinating i would love to do it...
    only question is, as a business major what could i do with nuclear engineering as a minor?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2012 #2

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'm not aware of any university that offers a minor in nuclear engineering, since one would need at the very least a one-year (rwo-semester) course in nuclear reactor physics, as well as the pre-requisites. Certainly, there is opportunity in the field for someone with a business background, but in a more general sense regarding energy policy related to the financial aspects of energy technology.

The first course in the nuclear engineering department in which I obtained my degrees was a course that introduced students to the field. The text familiarized students with the terminology and some of the scientific aspects and technical background of nuclear energy and power plant. There was some basic economics of nuclear energy and power plants.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook