Where to buy high voltage electron guns up to 40kV?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
strokebow
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Hi folks,

In need of some advice.

Can anyone recommend any companies selling high voltage electron guns up to 40kV?

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I should have thought the cheapest way to go about getting an electron gun would be to buy a TV tube (even a scrap one) and remove the gun from it. If you are after an electron gun, it must be assumed that you have a high vacuum manufacturing facility for mounting it in whatever electron beam tube you are planning to make. Are you sure this is what you want?
 
MikeyW said:
Saw an ad for 1-100 keV guns in last month's physics world mag... let me dig it out

http://www.kimballphysics.com/

can't personally recommend it but it rang a bell so I thought I'd post it

Looks like well expensive pieces of kit. I was thinking of the 'crud end of the market' solution!
 
Haha! Thanks very much for your help guys.

I was thinking the crud end of the market too but its good info to know. thanks for that.