Buying classical editions of textbooks

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
thrill3rnit3
Gold Member
Messages
716
Reaction score
1
I was just wondering if and where I can buy classical editions of certain textbooks.

eg. I want to get George B. Thomas's Calculus, but I want the classical 2nd edition.

Amazon only has the latest edition(s), and I don't want those.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There are booksellers who specialize in old, out-of-print books. Usually (for obvious reasons) they tend to cater to the collectors of $$$$ books, not people who want old used textbooks. You might also try to search for libraries that are de-acquisitioning out-dated texts to see what they have for sale.
 
Do you know specific company names of such booksellers?
 
alright thanks I'll check it out

If anyone here has read the GBT Jr Calculus series, which edition would be the best one?