1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calc III/ Diffeq Without Calc II

1. Jan 15, 2013 #1
    Hey Everyone!

So basically my question is if it's possible to take calc III or Diffeq without having taken Calc II. I know a decent amount of Calc II but I'm not 100% sure of everything that it covers. If it would be possible, which class would be easier? I know that it definitely depends on the school you're taking it at but a general idea would still help a lot. Of course I'm willing to put in the time, but I don't want to have to put in more time than it's worth because I'd have to teach myself Calc II.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2013 #2
    From my experience in calc III, you're going to need quite a bit of calc II to do well. Calc III is basically calc II extended to three variables.

4. Jan 15, 2013 #3
    Calc II is a prerequisite to calc III. You need calc II. Also, Diff eq needs integration techniques from calc II. Prerequisites exist for a reason

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook