Calculate EMF: 3.25 ohm, 440 mH, 3.00 A, 3.60 A/s

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shackleford
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
Shackleford
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
2
A coil has a 3.25 ohm resistance and 440 mH inductance. If the current is 3.00 A and is increasing at a rate of 3.60 A/s, what is the potential decrease across the coil at this moment?

The only equation I know to use is

emf = - L dI/dt
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Shackleford,

Shackleford said:
A coil has a 3.25 ohm resistance and 440 mH inductance. If the current is 3.00 A and is increasing at a rate of 3.60 A/s, what is the potential decrease across the coil at this moment?

The only equation I know to use is

emf = - L dI/dt

What would be the emf across a 3.25 ohm resistor in this situation?
 
alphysicist said:
Hi Shackleford,



What would be the emf across a 3.25 ohm resistor in this situation?

Hello. Sorry. I took another quick stab at this problem and solved it correctly. I've kind of had a cold/mild flu lately.