Calculating Cp and Cv of Real Gases for Solving Differential Equations

  • Thread starter Thread starter MWRY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cv Gas Real gas
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
MWRY
Messages
3
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Hello there,

I was given a tasks to find Cp and Cv of nitrogen and carbon dioxide in real gas situation.


Homework Equations



From what i could find, the suitable equation would be:

Cv = Cv° - (2(∂B/∂T) + T(∂²B/∂T²)P



The Attempt at a Solution



The problem is I couldn't find a way to solve the

'(2(∂B/∂T) + T(∂²B/∂T²)P'

part of equation. Any guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
MWRY said:
The problem is I couldn't find a way to solve the

'(2(∂B/∂T) + T(∂²B/∂T²)P'

part of equation. Any guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

This is a differential equation of 2nd order. I myself don't know how to solve differential equation of 2nd order but you can use calculators to solve it.