Calculating Mass Flow Rate of Steam Turbine

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 11K views
JSBeckton
Messages
224
Reaction score
0
Steam enters a turbine at 3 mpa and 450 c, expands in a reversible adaibatic process, (KE and PE are negligible) and exhausts at 10 kpa. The power output of the turbine is 800 kW. What is the mass flow rate?

I did the problem but I don't know if the anwser is correct and wanted to check because we have a test next week so I don't want to practice doing this the problem the wrong way all weekend.

Thanks

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/963/img021bz2.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't check the numbers, but your method of solving is very correct. Well done! :approve:
 
Dear jsbeckton i have also seen the equation i am working on orc turbine can i apply this equation for calculation with 134a refregrent gas in my project