Calculating the Distance Dropped by a Baseball Thrown at 116 km/h

  • Thread starter Thread starter shenwei1988
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Baseball
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
shenwei1988
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
a) A pitcher throws a baseball horizontally at 116 km/h toward home plate, which is 18.4 m away. How far will the ball drop due to gravity by the time it reaches home plate?

g=9.81m/s^2
v=116km/h


i tried to solve this question, but i don't know where to get the high.
116km/h=32.22m/s
18.4/32.22=0.57s
`````

please help me, thank you! i am so confuse with the question it actually ask.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Basically, the question that it is asking is that it wants you to find how far the ball dropped since it left the pitcher's hand. What I did was that i wrote out all my horizontal givens and my vertical givens and I just solved for [tex]\Delta[/tex]y after I got all the other information.