1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculating the equivalent inductance of a simulated inductor

1. Nov 26, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

9iLOs.jpg

I am asked to find the equivalent resistance of a simulated inductor shown above. We are told not to worry about the simulated inductor circuit. The simulated inductor will be incorporated into a larger circuit as shown below.

vPJr7.jpg

2. The attempt at a solution

I am really not sure where to start or what to do. I tried making node-voltage equations but I don't know if that's going to help anything.

When I was searching online for help I saw a post that said L = R1 * R2 * C. Is this right and how does this work? I would really appreciate any help because I'm not getting much of this.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2012 #2

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Apply a voltage V to the circuit input and compute the input current I. You will find that V = sLI. The formula you dug up at least looks right dimensionally.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook