Calculating the Weight of a 13.25 kg Box

  • Thread starter Thread starter black_hole
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Box Weight
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
black_hole
Messages
71
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A 13.25 kg box rest on a table. What is the weight of the box?

Homework Equations



I know this is really easy, but how would I do this?

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
black_hole said:

Homework Statement



A 13.25 kg box rest on a table. What is the weight of the box?

Homework Equations



I know this is really easy, but how would I do this?

The Attempt at a Solution


Weight is a force (F). Do you have a formula to determine force with m (mass) in it? 2nd law... What is the a (acceleration due to gravity at the surface of the earth)? This has been measured and should be firmly in your head. You got m, you got a, find F.