Lyyle Morgan
- 4
- 0
- TL;DR
- LEDs on CR2032?
I want to run a 2' multicolor LED strip with 2 CR2032 batteries. Is this possible?
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input, but I don’t have the answers to your questions. This is just a starting point to an idea I have. Just want to know if it’s even possible. Thanks againberkeman said:What is the terminal voltage of a CR2032 button battery? What is the A*hr capacity rating of a CR2032? What is the input voltage and current specified on the datasheet for your LED strip?
Do you know how to build/use buck and boost DC-DC converters?
Hi Tom. Thanks for speaking in a way I can understand. I’m looking to power the strip for a couple of hours. Just wondering if this is even possible. I’ve found a case that holds 2 CR2032s and has wires leading out. Wondering if the wires could be connected to a 2’ strip of LEDs. Thanks again for getting back to me. LyleTom.G said:Not for long.
The CR series batteries are designed for very low current application with a few years usable life.
You would be better off using Zinc-Maganese Dioxide (Zn-MnO2) batteries. They are commonly called Alkaline batteries. The smallest I know of are the size "N" cell, about 30mm long x 12mm dia.
Cr2032
Lithium/Manganese Dioxide
Open Circuit: 3.0V
Max continuous Current: 6mA
Nominal Capacity: 245mAh @170uA and 2.0V cutoff
Above from:
https://www.duracell.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/CR2032CH_245mAh-CS.pdf
Cheers,
Tom
The round shape of the CR2032 is perfect for what I need. I’m not sure how I could mount the N. ThanksTom.G said:Not for long.
The CR series batteries are designed for very low current application with a few years usable life.
You would be better off using Zinc-Maganese Dioxide (Zn-MnO2) batteries. They are commonly called Alkaline batteries. The smallest I know of are the size "N" cell, about 30mm long x 12mm dia.
Cr2032
Lithium/Manganese Dioxide
Open Circuit: 3.0V
Max continuous Current: 6mA
Nominal Capacity: 245mAh @170uA and 2.0V cutoff
Above from:
https://www.duracell.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/CR2032CH_245mAh-CS.pdf
Cheers,
Tom