Can a 48V & 32Amp Battery operate Two Hub Motors of 36V each (750W)?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of two DC Hub motors of 36V each and a single Lithium ion battery of 48V and 32 Amph to power the motors. The question is posed regarding the efficiency and performance of using this battery setup to operate the motors. The conversation also mentions controlling the speed of the car and the desired duration of running at nominal speed.

'can a 48V & 32Amp Battery operate Two Hub Motors of 36V each (750W)?'

• Yes, But speed of motors & Battery discharge time will decrease

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and it will not decrease the battery discharge time

• Yes, but it is possible only if the voltage of motor controller is same as that of Motor

• Yes, but it is possible only if the voltage of motor controller is same as that of the battery

• No it can not be possible

• Total voters
NaarImam
Hi,
I am doing a project of making an electric car while using two DC Hub motors of 36V (750W power) each, one on each rare wheel. I intend to use a single Lithium ion battery of 48V and 32 Amph to operate both the hub motors.

Please tell me 'can a 48V & 32Amp Battery operate Two Hub Motors of 36V each (750W)?'
If yes then can it perform efficiently (i.e., battery discharge time is increased)?
Will it reduce the nominal speed of the motors?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Assuming top speed of your car is when the motors are driven at 36 V, how much current will they consume at that voltage?

How much voltage and current will it consume at nominal speed and current?

How will you control the car's speed?

How long do you need the car to run at the nominal operating speed?

Related to Can a 48V & 32Amp Battery operate Two Hub Motors of 36V each (750W)?

1. Can a 48V & 32Amp Battery be used to power two Hub Motors of 36V each (750W)?

Yes, it is possible to use a 48V & 32Amp battery to operate two hub motors of 36V each. However, it is important to ensure that the total power output of the motors does not exceed the maximum capacity of the battery.

2. What is the maximum power output of the two hub motors combined?

The maximum power output of the two hub motors combined will be 1500W (750W + 750W), as each motor has a power output of 750W.

3. Will using a higher voltage battery damage the motors?

Using a higher voltage battery can potentially damage the motors if the voltage exceeds the maximum limit specified by the manufacturer. It is important to check the voltage requirements of the motors before connecting them to the battery.

4. Can I use a lower amperage battery instead?

It is not recommended to use a lower amperage battery as it may not be able to provide enough power to operate both motors simultaneously. This can lead to poor performance and may also damage the motors.

5. How long will the battery last when powering two hub motors?

The battery life will depend on various factors such as the capacity of the battery, the power output of the motors, and the usage patterns. It is important to properly maintain the battery and check its charge regularly to ensure optimal performance.