Can a monkey outrun a bullet and still save her litter?

• Thread starter powergirl
  • Start date
If you drive me to the airport.2. I am afraid of going up in elevators.3. Drinking cocoa keeps me warm on long winter nights.4. I hope the map leads us to buried treasure.5. "Eat another bonbon," said our charming hostess.6. Nepal may be the most interesting place I have ever visited.7. Remember to fold the map, please.8. I feel many lumps in this mattress.9. Word processing is not as useful as pens and paper for creative brainstorming.1. Willow2. Fir3. Oak4. Pine5. Chestnut6. Elm7. Maple8. Apple9. Ash

powergirl said:
NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?
2) A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years.

Physics news on Phys.org

Jia said:
hey guys...
a friend asked me this but uptill now i am unable to solve it. Can someone help me out and tell the answer with a sensible logic??
here it goes:
What is the next number in the series...
0, 1, 3, 13, 183...??

[tex]x_{n+1} = x_n^2 + x_n + 1[/tex]

hey thanx...=)

re:NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?
2) A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

the answer is room 3:full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years the lion is dead he's safe there

powergirl said:
NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?

The Lions would be dead, so that is the safest!

lol I see i am not the only one to get this question right!

In a hole there is no soil , coz its hole ...simple.

A tricky one
there is a glass jar and it contain one bacteria,which doubles itself in one second and again that two doubles mean becomes 4 again in 1 second.if it goes like this and the whole jar is full in 1 minute , then at what time the jar was half?:bugeye:

sugandh said:
A tricky one
there is a glass jar and it contain one bacteria,which doubles itself in one second and again that two doubles mean becomes 4 again in 1 second.if it goes like this and the whole jar is full in 1 minute , then at what time the jar was half?:bugeye:

dtz easy..,..59 min

well jia answer is correct in numbers but minutes is wrong well u got the concept good work.

another simple one
Larry's father has five sons named Ten, Twenty, Thirty, Forty...Guess what would be the name of the fifth?

Larry?

hunnnn.....

K now comes a difficult one :-

some people went for vaccation. unfortunately it rained for 13 days when they were there. but whenever it rained in the morning, they had clean afternoon and vice versa. In all they enjoyed 11 morning and 12 afternoons.
how many days did they stay there totally?

13 days is 6 mornings and 7 afternoons (or vice versa), 11 mornings - 6 mornings is 5 more days, so the total is 18 (or do you have to add 5 more for the 12 - 7 afternoons? - enjoyed throws me off, I enjoy the rain)

Last edited:

YOUR ANSWER IS CORRECT
Well logic could be anyone like,(11+12+13)/2=36/2=18 Days

May be easy,lets chk out.
How many knouck out soccer games has to be played to chose one team as winner if the no. of participating teams are 1000?

powergirl said:
Let me ask the Ist Quest:'n.
"1) How much soil is there in a hole measuring one metre by one metre by one metre?"

nothing...it's a hole...

powergirl said:
NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?

The second is the safest, as the room is full of nutrition (ie. assassins). He will live here the longest...Why? because the assassin's will think of themselves as more skilled killers than him, thus he will be of no threat to him. So each will try to recruit him to kill the other assassins (they need to eat too since they are stuck in a room as well). Now of course, this would mean that if the murderer were in fact an assassin, he would have to pretend to not be an assassin, so as to not pose a threat. Now, because he is getting food, albeit in a way most would prefer not to think of, he will survive longer than in the rooms without food (rooms 1 and 3).

Am I right, or am I right?

Mazer Rackham said:
The second is the safest, as the room is full of nutrition (ie. assassins). He will live here the longest...Why? because the assassin's will think of themselves as more skilled killers than him, thus he will be of no threat to him. So each will try to recruit him to kill the other assassins (they need to eat too since they are stuck in a room as well). Now of course, this would mean that if the murderer were in fact an assassin, he would have to pretend to not be an assassin, so as to not pose a threat. Now, because he is getting food, albeit in a way most would prefer not to think of, he will survive longer than in the rooms without food (rooms 1 and 3).

Am I right, or am I right?
This is correct. In fact, the assasins haven't eaten in 4 years, and are all dead, whereas the lions ate well 3 years ago.

Gokul43201 said:
A tablespoonfull.

none its a hole!

a women shoots her husband.then she holds him in water for over five minutes.Finally she hangs him.But after 5 minutes they both go out and enjoy a wonderfull dinner together? How can this be?

th third one is safest for him becouse th lions haven't eaten for three year it means that the lions have dead

hemjeet said:
a women shoots her husband.then she holds him in water for over five minutes.Finally she hangs him.But after 5 minutes they both go out and enjoy a wonderfull dinner together? How can this be?

Hee hee that's clever.
She's a photographer.

DaveC426913 said:
She's a photographer.

In water? She must not a very good one!

DaveE

zidiane said:
5000, i did it in my head easily, 1k+1k+1k+1k=4k+10+40=4.5k+20+30=5k

i think it should be 4100

sugandh said:
another simple one
Larry's father has five sons named Ten, Twenty, Thirty, Forty...Guess what would be the name of the fifth?

easy: it's Larry

powergirl said:
NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?

sorry,I am puzzled~~

davee123 said:
In water? She must not a very good one!

DaveE

I think if it had listed 'developer, then stop bath, then fix, then water rinse', it might have given something away. :wink:

I'm surprised she didn't frame him before she hanged him.

phywjc said:
sorry,I am puzzled~~

Read it again -- it's easy.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I'm surprised she didn't frame him before she hanged him.

:rofl: that would have been good - but definitely a giveaway.

hemjeet said:

she shoots with camera...easy one

janeybee said:
easy: it's Larry

correct!

NOW A GOOD ONE DEDICATED TO LIERS ,IF ANY ONE CAN SOUGHT OUT WITH REASON.

A GUY NAMED BILLOO visited an island.ther were only two tribes living in that island.the eastern tribes always tella lie and the western tribes always tell the truth.Billoo saw a tribal person passing him he asked his tour guide to ask the tribal person where he lives.the tour guide ask the person and came with the answer He lives over WEST. the tour guide said the truth or tell a lie?