Can a robot be called as Living thing?

• Thread starter scienceisbest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robot
In summary, a machine that could reproduce itself would not be easy, but it is theoretically possible. It seems that life is complex and undefined, which may be why it is difficult to agree on a definition.
nismaratwork said:
Then by all means, tell me how you prove an artificial construct for humans to demarcate something that only matters to us?

The truth may be, but we deal with theories, all of which are wrong... and that's not my original thinking there. In a science as far from physics as biology, you begin to tread the waters between science and art.

I may misunderstand your request to "prove an artificial construct for humans to demarcate something that only matters to us"

In truth I had to look Demarcate up.
if to make a construct set the boundaries we wish, that matter to us. its called programing.
I'm not trying to be a jerk. but i did not want to let a lack of response mean i was mistaken.

What I meant by the "what if" is that we are looking to define what is "alive" and not what if we use bioengineering to blah blah blah. it was opening a road to a different destination.

Biology news on Phys.org
Grimstone said:
I may misunderstand your request to "prove an artificial construct for humans to demarcate something that only matters to us"

In truth I had to look Demarcate up.
if to make a construct set the boundaries we wish, that matter to us. its called programing.
I'm not trying to be a jerk. but i did not want to let a lack of response mean i was mistaken.

What I meant by the "what if" is that we are looking to define what is "alive" and not what if we use bioengineering to blah blah blah. it was opening a road to a different destination.

Ahhhh... you mean what do we treat as life, vs. what we treat as a "creation" of ours and a tool?