Can both these questions give the same answer

• Thread starter lioric
  • Start date
In summary, the equations given in the question are different from the ones in the textbook. The attempt at a solution was to resolve the final answer as u, but found that the extra c^2 was missing and this played a role in the resolution.
lioric

Homework Statement

I posted this question on the quantum forum but it got deleted saying that I was cheating on homework

I only need a simple yes or no

This is the original question

image.jpg

This is the question my teacher gave

image.jpg

As you can see in the total energy formula is missing an extra square. The original question has c^4 but the one that my teacher gave has c^2

Can both of these give the same final answer which is supposed to be u

Homework Equations

All the equations are given in the question

Y= square root 1/1-(v/c)

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
I don't need anyone to tell me how to do the question
I have done both versions and the textbook question resolves to final answer as u

But the one my teacher gave doesn't end up. I did both side by side and I find the extra c^2 which is missing plays a huge role in resolving the final answer

I just need a yes or no. Please

Physics news on Phys.org
If a formula has two terms that are added and the dimensions (or units) for the two terms are not the same, then the formula cannot be correct.

TSny said:
If a formula has two terms that are added and the dimensions (or units) for the two terms are not the same, then the formula cannot be correct.
Thank you very very much
I have been doing this question all night and only now realized that they were different I had previously done this question from the text
But last night I just couldn't get the ends meet
Finally I did both side by side and found the typo
But I was just thinking it may still work out
But even then the ex didn't get the correct answer
So I just wanted to check
Thank you
I can finally sleep :)

1. Can both of these questions give the same answer?

Yes, it is possible for both of these questions to have the same answer. It depends on the specific questions being asked and the context in which they are being asked.

2. How can two different questions have the same answer?

Two different questions can have the same answer if they are asking about the same topic or if they have a similar underlying concept. It is also possible for two questions to have the same answer based on the context in which they are being asked.

3. Is it common for two questions to have the same answer?

It is not uncommon for two questions to have the same answer, especially if they are related to the same topic or subject matter. This can occur in various fields of study, such as science, mathematics, and philosophy.

4. Can the same question have different answers?

Yes, it is possible for the same question to have different answers depending on the context in which it is being asked. For example, a question about a scientific theory may have a different answer if it is being asked in a biology class versus a physics class.

5. What factors determine if two questions will have the same answer?

The factors that determine if two questions will have the same answer include the subject matter being discussed, the context in which the questions are being asked, and the underlying concepts being addressed. It is also important to consider the perspective and biases of the person asking the question.