Can Carbon Nanotubes and DNA Improve Electronic Nose Design?

  • Thread starter Thread starter italy669
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Design Electronic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
italy669
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I wanted to get information about how to design an electronic nose.How to get started, how to get concepts related to it.Can anyone help me?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Here's a way to generate audio white noise.
 
Attachments
  • NOISE.jpg
    NOISE.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 464
OMG! I just realized that both dlgoff and I misread the OP's question (and even the title of the thread!). Nose, not noise.:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Okay, sorry about that. Electronic nose. Hmmm, where to start. Beats me. What kind of resources do you know about already? With all the bomb sniffing technology around right now, there must be some pretty good info on different reactions that can be used for "smelling" various stuff.

What kind of things have you been able to find through google so far?
 
Hi,
I too wanted to know about details of constructions of electronic nose.By GOOGLE, one gets information about what e-nose is, it's uses and very little is known about principles and constuctional details.I mean what gas sensors to use, how gas sensors are arranged etc. Does anyone have any idea on its construction details?
 
You could try September Nano Letters.

Describes carbon nanotubes layered with single stranded DNA for a sensor.