Jimmy Snyder said:
What has veto proof got to do with it? The President is of the same party as the majority. Besides, the majority in the Senate was only 60-40 at best, not enough to override a presidential veto. The requirement for that is 67-33. The value of the 60-40 majority was in the quashing of filibusters, not overriding vetos.
I realize I was wrong, and as someone else pointed out it took independents to fill out that 60-40.
My context for veto proof was that the executive branch would sign it. I realize in a literal context it was a not correct.
This was more of a philisophical point.
I do not participate in the private health care system, the VA medical system is my provider now. And the VA does an outstanding job, since they cleaned it up in the past 10 years, it is excellent care. Yeah it has its irritating qualities, but it is excellent care.
Most people are generally healthy and do not have chronic medical problems. So it is hard to understand the real flaws in our system. They become very apparent when you are faced with chronic medical issues. Your great insurance will quickly disappear. I have been dropped more times from insurance than I care to count.
Just the simple fact that we provide the best care to the oldest citizens, and the youngest can go without. That is why are costs are out of control, and it is because the oldest have the best lobbying group.
In what realm of common sense do we give an old drunken baseball player muliple transplants? Is that why we should donate organs?
ANd why do we even charge for organ transplants? If you are able to donate an organ, you should be able to receive one. You cannot even get on the transplant list if you do not have the money to pay for it.
Just again. me ranting endlessly.