Can I Build a UAV Drone with an Arduino Uno Board for a High School Competition?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 12K views
nst.john
Messages
163
Reaction score
1
I am building a uav drone for a high school competition and I have the arduino uno R3 board but other websites said I need the ardupilot board. Can I build it with the arduino uno and do you know the materials I would need for the mechanical and electrical aspects of the drone? And if you also have any good references that would be nice too!

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Get an http://store.3drobotics.com/products/apm-2-6-kit-1 or Pixhawk. (Both can run the APM:Plane/Copter firmware.)

If you use a plain Arduino you'll need to write your own autopilot, integrate sensors (gyros, accelerometer, GPS, AHRS, etc.), and integrate it with your vehicle. You're in high school, so you won't be able to do this.

Are you doing fixed wing or rotary wing?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Then you'd want APM:Plane.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person