Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
I am disappointed to see only 313,405 people have "liked" Ludwig van Beethoven's Facebook page.

Physics news on Phys.org
hmm. Maybe many people who would like it, are not involved with facebook?

ugh someone linked me some serious nonesense. WHAT IS THIS JUNK.

do people just believe things when they're said in a fancy manner? I'm convinced they must.

Last edited:
HayleySarg said:
... do people just believe things when they're said in a fancy manner? I'm convinced they must.

It is of my most earnest of opinions, that there can be perceived a substantial juxtaposition of intelligences when comparing those homo-sapiens which possesses differing pigmentations, with that which boasts the least pigmentation reigning above all.

HayleySarg said:
hmm. Maybe many people who would like it, are not involved with facebook?
I just found the concept of Beethoven having a Facebook page humorous. Because, of course, he's dead.

The back of my head has been shorn like a sheep :eek:.

lisab said:
Did you encounter a crazy sheep farmer?

lisab said:
What happened?

zoobyshoe said:
Did you encounter a crazy sheep farmer?

No, she was a paid professional :biggrin:.

Evo said:
What happened?

Oh just a hair cut. Well I got *all* of them cut, so much more efficient that way you know.

Big change though - from having shoulder-length hair to ~0.5 cm hair in the back. Kind of an Anne Hathaway cut.

I like it :smile:.

I got a real short hair cut once and I got so much grief from EVERYONE, co-workers, management, friends, family, that I never did it again. I told my hairdresser what i wanted and he decided to put his own personal twist on it. I LOOKED LIKE A FREAK. I don't look good with short hair, but many women can pull it off.

I, for one, look ravishing in short hair.

lisab said:
Big change though - from having shoulder-length hair to ~0.5 cm hair in the back. Kind of an Anne Hathaway cut.

I like it :smile:.
I had to google Anne Hathaway. That turned out to be spooky because, in the short hair pics, she looks like a girl I know here.

My sister went from very long to very short a few years back and she's stuck with the short ever since. Easier to take care of, I guess.

Evo said:
I got a real short hair cut once and I got so much grief from EVERYONE, co-workers, management, friends, family, that I never did it again. I told my hairdresser what i wanted and he decided to put his own personal twist on it. I LOOKED LIKE A FREAK. I don't look good with short hair, but many women can pull it off.

Funny thing is, my close friends *love* it. They say it suits me. But people I don't know well are more like, :eek:.

Gad said:
Better than being unemployed??

What are you going to do?

:approve: Yes, I totally agree. To be straight, I don't think my salary will get changed even after I bring this up to our HRers and directors because the difference I expect is too far from the current level(current+current*1/2.2). I have friends and they let me read their next job offers along with their current job's payslips sent monthly from our directors in charge. I am shocked and was stupid to negotiate a lower price for myself. Bluntly, I am now looking for another job.

Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
I had to google Anne Hathaway. That turned out to be spooky because, in the short hair pics, she looks like a girl I know here.

My sister went from very long to very short a few years back and she's stuck with the short ever since. Easier to take care of, I guess.

I think that's why I keep shaving my head. People are always asking why I do it since I don't have a receding hair line and no gray hair (not yet at least). I do save a ton on shampoo though!

B. Elliott said:
I think that's why I keep shaving my head. People are always asking why I do it since I don't have a receding hair line and no gray hair (not yet at least). I do save a ton on shampoo though!
Nay, Sir! You have not achieved the "easier to take care of" hair style at all. Shaved heads require constant shaving and whatever you save in shampoo goes into razors.

Just get corn rows like WannabeNewton. You get to look classy while also having an efficient hair style.

zoobyshoe said:
Nay, Sir! You have not achieved the "easier to take care of" hair style at all. Shaved heads require constant shaving and whatever you save in shampoo goes into razors.

I mostly use clippers with no guard. As long as I keep up with the maintenance they should last a long time without needing a new blade. I've been using the same blade now for about a year.

Whenever I feel froggy I break out the razor. ~$30 for a pack though still seems like highway robbery.

I just had a random thought...

Here is the quality of your answers to questions on this forum :frown::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCpA97CFiCQ

And here is the quality of mine :biggrin::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULSBE3QvBY

Long hair is fun though. It is a lot of work. It may be due to my Tolkien obsession though. I've always wanted SUPER long hair, like the elves have. My hair is only partway down my back right now. Growing it back out after a nasty incident involving alcohol and pushy (ex) friends >=/

I got an email reply back from Joan Feynman. I'll probably print it and keep it for quite some time. What a woman.

Last edited:
Yes. She's been on my mind as of late.

I had a freshman teacher tell me about her, and I've never found much information on her. I had some papers sent to my lab back at OSU by her, but nothing about her as a person. Recently they updated her wiki article.

The conversation about women in STEM fields had me thinking. You know, I grew up without a prejudiced environment because of women like her. There isn't enough "thank you" in the universe for the efforts of women in physics when it was a much harder time.

They just loved science that much. It's beautiful.

Borek said:
Sigh. I went biking today, lost control and fell, twisting my knee. I am a victim of my healthy way of living.

Oops, I did it again. I have a pair of nice, parallel 15 cm long bruises on the left thigh. Luckily I didn't hurt my knee further, it is much better, thank you.

It is a third time this year. Either I am getting clumsy, or I have to catch up with the prescribed average, I didn't fell for several years.

o_O

That is just a lot of injuries. Are you mountain biking?

B. Elliott said:

I too, shave my head a couple of times during the summer, to help me cool down--and I grow it all the way during winter, to help me stay warm. I usually get some comments about dirty countertops, or requests for three wishes. And there are always plenty of people I barely know making all sorts of personal comments about how I look with a shaved head and on how I should do things differently, some of them apparently offended that I did not follow the advice they gave me some previous time they saw me with a shaved head. Strange.

Last edited:
Borek said:
Either I am getting clumsy.

Yeah, I think that's probably it... :tongue:

Bacle2 said:
I too, shave my head a couple of times during the summer, to help me cool down--and I grow it all the way during winter, to help me stay warm. I usually get some comments about dirty countertops, or requests for three wishes. And there are always plenty of people I barely know making all sorts of personal comments about how I look with a shaved head and on how I should do things differently, some of them apparently offended that I did not follow the advice they gave me some previous time they saw me with a shaved head. Strange.

Kudos to you for not caring too much about what people think of you. If only more people were like this.

Bacle2 said:

As a female, I've received that kind of unsolicited advice all my life - really weird, isn't it? I never understood the motivations of the advice givers. I suppose they were trying to be helpful, but...:uhh:

I get it a lot too. As it gets longer "You should cut it all off and donate it to locks of love...you're so selfish"

Huh. I told my old HS chem teacher that and he asked me if I inquired if they felt it was selfish to squander such a wonderful public education. ^^

HayleySarg said:
I get it a lot too. As it gets longer "You should cut it all off and donate it to locks of love...you're so selfish"

Huh. I told my old HS chem teacher that and he asked me if I inquired if they felt it was selfish to squander such a wonderful public education. ^^

Lol.

Tell them, "I'll donate my hair after you donate your liver."

The worst.

They come up and take my hairfork or scrunchie out.

Who exactly gave you permission to touch me? I'm no longer allowed to punch people as I got away with in HS.
I usually just turn and glare until they get freaked out.

HayleySarg said:
The worst.

They come up and take my hairfork or scrunchie out.

Who exactly gave you permission to touch me? I'm no longer allowed to punch people as I got away with in HS.
I usually just turn and glare until they get freaked out.
Amazing how some people have no clue about respecting people.

DiracPool said:
I just had a random thought...

And here is the quality of mine :biggrin::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULSBE3QvBY

lisab said:

I had one thousand, two hundred, and eighty six random thoughts today.

Random thought #1 was spawned by thinking about Evo, seeing that 1st video:

1. she's going to break something, just watching that.
2. bubble wrap. (random thought, somewhere in there: we know each other too well)

Random thought #3, was turning on the radio this morning, and "Baker Street" was playing.

Random thought #4, was having "American Woman", next on the radio.

Random thought #5, was knowing Evo and I were born 5 days apart.

Somewhere, in the midst of my thousand(+/-) random thoughts, were at least, a thousand random smiles.

:smile:

I, am now, on vacation.

:cool: