1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can Transfer Function Include Distrubance Variables?

1. Dec 12, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Problem statement is attached......

2. Relevant equations

my attempt at solution is also attached...

3. The attempt at a solution
    One of my assumptions was to treat the inlet concentration as a disturbance variable, and inlet flow rate as a manipulated variable......However, as I try to solve for the transfer function, it is becoming highly complicated. I am having to linearize the differential mass balance first. Some of my peers said they avoided this by not including disturbance variables in the transfer function. Which approach is correct?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2016 #2

LvW

Please, can you provide a block diagram of the sysytem you are trying to analyze?
    In this case, it would be much easier to help you.
    Preliminary answer: A transfer function is the output-to-input ratio with input=desired signal input (setting all disturbances to zero).
    As a second function you can set the signal input to zero and find the "disturbance transfer function",
    A disturbed system always has at least two transfer functions: (a) signal and (b) disturbance.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted