Can Vaseline be used as a substitute for wienerschlicker?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    conspiracy
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 7K views
Members of PF

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/rabbit"

http://www.phespirit.info/cockney/slang_to_english.htm"

I doubt I can make it sound fluent, that probably takes some time to learn the ins and outs of it. Let's see what we can do with some famous quotes.

"Gawdon Bennet! Any in'elligen' mug can make things bigger an' mawer complex... It takes a touch ov genius - an' a hoppin' pot ov bottle ter move in da opposite direcshun. OK?" - Albert Einstein

"Awright geeezzaa! All science is either physics awer "dennis bergkamp" collecting. Sorted mate."- Ernest Rutherford

I don't think Americans have anything quite as unique as this. Prove me wrong. :-p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
I think part of the problem is that Brits apparently write one-sentence paragraphs and in my delirious state this morning I didn't have the focus needed to hold the entire thing in my head at once.

At least he used commas...I think those are optional.

Though, I can see one thinking a brittle peg was a bad medical condition. Fortunately, they have pills you can take for that now...or you can just burn a witch.
 
I have a “solution” (not a liquid; a fix for a problem), if we translate UK English to Australian English then to US English.
I think that will work.
 
Moonbear said:
Though, I can see one thinking a brittle peg was a bad medical condition. Fortunately, they have pills you can take for that now...or you can just burn a witch.
All this time I thought a brittle peg was a good thing. It's the flaccid ones that get flogged in the evening news with prescription ads.
 
Ayuh, that fella from away was scopin' dump ducks gettin' at the pogies, and never noticed the swamp donkey comin' up the road in back of him. 'Bout slipped his mooring when he brightened up. Wicked funny, it was.

Yeah, that guy born out of state (even if he's resided in Maine for decades) was bird-watching gulls feeding on washed-up menhaden and didn't know that a moose was coming near him. He panicked when he realized his situation and his reaction was extremely amusing.
 
Last edited:
Dude, I scammed some Zogs and waxed up to catch some tubes on the thruster, but when I hit the pipeline the chowder was thick. So I tried to slash and perled. It was totally gnarly
 
Last edited:
_Mayday_ said:
Members of PF

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/rabbit"

http://www.phespirit.info/cockney/slang_to_english.htm"

Here are a few curious entries.

Airs And Graces ..... Braces
Airs And Graces ..... Faces
Airs And Graces ..... Races

The same expression for 3 different words? Try this one on for size:

The orthodontist races to get the braces in the people's faces.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Mattson said:
The orthodontist races to get the braces in the people's faces.

So is an orthodontist a 'quarryman', or does the slang not extend that far?
 
Tom Mattson said:
The orthodontist races to get the braces in the people's faces.

You win.
 
Shawn should be hieing himself to the local saw-bones.
- Turbo-1
 
Last edited: