Can Vaseline be used as a substitute for wienerschlicker?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    conspiracy
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 7K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
Okay, since Wolram uses all sorts of expressions and words that we Yanks can't understand, like brittle pegs, which means sore legs, I think, we need to create some new words that we Yanks can use agin the Brits.

Here is my first suggestion:
Vaseline - wienerschlicker.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan, you really are pretty helpless, aren't you? Pegs means 'clothespins'. Did you miss the part about his laundry blowing away? :rolleyes:
 
Oh is that what he was saying?! Sorry, I speak English, I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought he was talking about being sick.

Of course you are all subjects of the Queen, so maybe this explains why you understand?
 
Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, since Wolram uses all sorts of expressions and words that we Yanks can't understand, like brittle pegs, which means sore legs, I think, we need to create some new words that we Yanks can use agin the Brits.

Here is my first suggestion:
Vaseline - wienerschlicker.

Vaseline and wieners??
What ARE you talking about, exactly?
 
Ivan, i think you need to get up the apple and and pears and have a kip, i think i will as well cause i feel real dirty dick, may be tomorrow i will be able to stomach some nosh, in the mean time i think i will get Brahms and list on what the quack gave me.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I thought he was talking about being sick.

He's feeling a bit Pat and Mick.

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, since Wolram uses all sorts of expressions and words that we Yanks can't understand, like brittle pegs, which means sore legs, I think, we need to create some new words that we Yanks can use agin the Brits.

Here is my first suggestion:
Vaseline - wienerschlicker.
Someone has way too much time or something on his hands. :rolleyes: :biggrin:
 
Two nations, forever divided by a common language.
 
lisab said:
Two nations, forever divided by a common language.

:smile: so true.
 
arildno said:
Vaseline and wieners??
What ARE you talking about, exactly?

I really expected you, of all people, to get that one instantly. :rolleyes:
 
Math Is Hard said:
:smile: so true.

I am sure you would like the brit interpretation of romulus and remus.
 
Pegs to some people in Britain as slang are teeth. As in 'I'm off to brush me pegs before bed'.
 
Danger said:
I really expected you, of all people, to get that one instantly. :rolleyes:

IvanSeeking is a married man, that is what perplexed me so much.
 
wolram said:
i think i will as well cause i feel real dirty dick

Do I even want to know what that means :confused:
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Here is my first suggestion:
Vaseline - wienerschlicker.

Aw, cheese and rice. :rolleyes:
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, since Wolram uses all sorts of expressions and words that we Yanks can't understand, like brittle pegs, which means sore legs, I think, we need to create some new words that we Yanks can use agin the Brits.

Here is my first suggestion:
Vaseline - wienerschlicker.

Hey and by the way Mr Ivan, American films are just so inconprehensible, one needs to slow the speech down and then get a phrase book to even get get an inkling of what the hay they are on about.
 
arildno said:
IvanSeeking is a married man, that is what perplexed me so much.

Obviously you've never been married! :smile:
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Obviously you've never been married! :smile:
No, and I really don't know how wieners and vaseline fit together in the typical American marriage setting.
 
arildno said:
No, and I really don't know how wieners and vaseline fit together in the typical American marriage setting.

They don't. The Vaseline is to make the weiner fit.
 
wolram said:
Ivan, i think you need to get up the apple and and pears and have a kip, i think i will as well cause i feel real dirty dick, may be tomorrow i will be able to stomach some nosh, in the mean time i think i will get Brahms and list on what the quack gave me.
I think part of the problem is that Brits apparently write one-sentence paragraphs and in my delirious state this morning I didn't have the focus needed to hold the entire thing in my head at once.
 
Danger said:
They don't. The Vaseline is to make the weiner fit.
In a marriage?
Even after 40 years together??

Dear me, poor woman..
 
arildno said:
Dear me, poor woman..
What poor woman? I'm not talking about Tsu. You don't really think that Ivan keeps all of those cats around for mouse-control, do you?
 
A vaselined sausage does not burn so quickly on the barbecue, and its easier to swallow.
 
Danger said:
What poor woman? I'm not talking about Tsu. You don't really think that Ivan keeps all of those cats around for mouse-control, do you?
Now i am totally confused please talk with your selfs, i am to my bed.
 
Kurdt said:
A vaselined sausage does not burn so quickly on the barbecue, and its easier to swallow.

I am so staying away from that one... :rolleyes:
 
Kurdt said:
A vaselined sausage does not burn so quickly on the barbecue, and its easier to swallow.

Why would you vaselize a sausage prior to swallowing??
 
Not everyone has your gag-reflex control.
 
Well, mine would be lost facing overmuch vaselinization.