Can You Identify These Aircraft from Limited Clues?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
340 replies · 26K views
Gokul43201 said:
(update)

Code:
[u]TOP SCORES[/u] :

Bystander      17
Cyrus          27
Fred           10

Got a "muff" in here somewhere --- 18x3 = 54, minus 1 for 2nd on j79 minus 1 for 2nd on Corona minus 2 on Iron Mike = 50 possible; I'm at 16. I'll let Fred and Cyrus fight out the partitioning of the other 34.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Bystander said:
Got a "muff" in here somewhere --- 18x3 = 54, minus 1 for 2nd on j79 minus 1 for 2nd on Corona minus 2 on Iron Mike = 50 possible; I'm at 16. I'll let Fred and Cyrus fight out the partitioning of the other 34.
I'm easy. Give them to Cyrus. He needs the emotional support that more points will bring him.BTW... this is the best thread EVER.
 
FredGarvin said:
I'm easy. Give them to Cyrus. He needs the emotional support that more points will bring him.


BTW... this is the best thread EVER.

I was at work. I just came back online to see all these easy pictures posted and I missed them!

Oh well, someone has to take the pitty points, right fred? I hope that Jane's book is coming in handy.
 
Last edited:
Bystander said:
Got a "muff" in here somewhere --- 18x3 = 54, minus 1 for 2nd on j79 minus 1 for 2nd on Corona minus 2 on Iron Mike = 50 possible; I'm at 16. I'll let Fred and Cyrus fight out the partitioning of the other 34.
I'd messed up a couple of question numbers before. There were in fact 20 questions completed at this point. I'd accidentally repeated numbers twice. The question numbers have all been fixed now.

Bystander, you score's been corrected. Kurdt's 3 points have been added to the scores. That fixes the balance sheet, I think.
 
Last edited:
FredGarvin said:
It's the rocket engine from the Bell X-1. I can't remember the name of it though.
Nicely done! My second clue was planned roughly along those lines (pointing to Chuck Yeager or the X-series).

It's the XLR-11. Good enough for me.

Fred gets 3.
 
Last edited:
Erm I think my three points could possibly be kindly donated between the three contenders seeing as I'm clearly not in the running :smile:
 
Bystander said:
RQ-3 Darkstar

I think its an x-45b

The darkstar has a straight trailing edge.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/annex/rq3a.jpg
Clearly, not a darkstar.

X-45B-s.jpg

X-45b
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Between Gokul's camera work and my bifocals, there is no such thing as a straight line.
 
These UCAVs really look like UFO's, eh?

There all ugly, like fred, IMO.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
I think its an x-45b

The darkstar has a straight trailing edge.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/annex/rq3a.jpg
Clearly, not a darkstar.

X-45B-s.jpg

X-45b
X-45b? ehhhhhh! Could you be any more WRONG?

Q26: It's an X-36.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
AhA! Its an x-36

I knew that front had to be a canard system!

x-36-1223642.jpg
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
That's BS you cheated, I don't know how, but you cheated!
LOL! They used one of our engines for those flight tests.
 
No clue, nexxxxxxxxt!

A trash can w/windows?

An escape pod? I don't know...