Can You Identify These Aircraft from Limited Clues?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
340 replies · 26K views
Q12: Iron Mike. Mascot of the 317th Fighter/Intercept Squadron. Damn that one was tough. I had no idea.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/history/vietnam/im.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Can we have a rule, if you don't know what it is, don't google it...:rolleyes:

I could have starting googling for an answer too...

I have answered what I KNOW.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Can we have a rule, if you don't know what it is, don't google it...:rolleyes:

I could have starting googling for an answer too...

I have answered what I KNOW.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
 
Yeah, use your janes book and google Mr. know-it-all...pffft.

I thought you played with honor, I was wrong.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Yeah, use your janes book and google Mr. know-it-all...pffft.

I thought you played with honor, I was wrong.
Up until Iron Mike, I was. I hate leaving things unanswered.
 
Q15: No bypass...kinda small, weird internal spinner...I'm waiting until the next clue.
 
B-52 is not a high bypass engine, but this engine looks too small for a 52.
 
That's a weird-looking sucker, alright. Reminds me of something that I saw on a Vickers once, from the 50's or 60's...
 
Qu16: Looks a bit like the nose of a MIG 29 (or is it 25?) ut I'm not sure that would be in a USAF museum.
 
Oh well. Its just that distinctive heat shielded kind of nose thing that I picked up on.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Hey, that's not a 707's engine is it?
IIRC, the JT8's had bypass.

http://www.pratt-whitney.com/about_history_classic_jt3d.asp
 
Last edited:
Smaller and wimpier than a J35, less primitive than a Whittle --- 'tis a puzzler.
 
Cyrus has 3 points for the lancer.

Have I missed anyone? Sometime soon, I'll post cumulative scores...perhaps when I think we're about midway.
 
The good ole days, eh boys?

http://www.flightpaths.com.au/gfx/content_preview/jet_engine.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:
J79 ; I got to stop scaling things from connectors and cables.