Unlock Code for Vauxhall Vectra CD Player

• Thread starter dwaring28720
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car Radio
In summary, Jared's T Reg Vauxhall Vectra CD player is asking for an unlock code, which he was able to find for free on a website.
dwaring28720
hi this has been buggin my for a few days now, I've got a T Reg Vauxhall Vectra Diesel, a few days ago my battery went completely kapput so sorted that problem out, got in the car and noticed that my CD player is now asking for an unlock code >.<, i went to my local garage and they want £25 just to put a 4/5 digit number into unlock it.

So i had a little look around the internet for any code generators etc and some claim to be able to do it, some say you need to be able to read EEPROM (i had to look up what that meant) and I am still no closer, so any suggestions will be appreciated on this one, the simpler the better :D

details on the back of the CD player are.
VDO 326559176
no: 24 469 302
TYPE: CDR 500 (E)
---- 2F4 ----
MADE IN GERMANY

Physics news on Phys.org
Car audio manual (that came with the car) too obvious a suggestion?

yup checked that, found out that its a unique number for each stereo, incase its stolen, its supposed to make things more difficult to use afterwards.

There are loads of sites that do this, I got my radio code from one.

I'll see if I can find the one I used, only cost about £4.00.

Jared

jarednjames said:
There are loads of sites that do this, I got my radio code from one.

I'll see if I can find the one I used, only cost about £4.00.

Jared

cheers much appreciated, I am a bit wary about picking a random site to do it as i had a simliar problem with an old mobile phone where i wanted to unlock it to any network, i used one of those sites paid the money an the code i was sent never worked :(

dwaring28720 said:
hi this has been buggin my for a few days now, I've got a T Reg Vauxhall Vectra Diesel, a few days ago my battery went completely kapput so sorted that problem out, got in the car and noticed that my CD player is now asking for an unlock code >.<, i went to my local garage and they want £25 just to put a 4/5 digit number into unlock it.

So i had a little look around the internet for any code generators etc and some claim to be able to do it, some say you need to be able to read EEPROM (i had to look up what that meant) and I am still no closer, so any suggestions will be appreciated on this one, the simpler the better :D

details on the back of the CD player are.
VDO 326559176
no: 24 469 302
TYPE: CDR 500 (E)
---- 2F4 ----
MADE IN GERMANY
Have you contacted the car dealership or manufacturer with your vehicle identification number (if it was factory installed) and asked for the code? My daughter had the same problem after replacing her battery, but went to an authorized dealership and they got the code number for her for free.

My car guy has reset my radio for free, but I give him a lot of business.

The dealer should have the number. In fact, you should have been given a card with the number on it when you purchased the car. It's kept separate from the manual so that a thief can't just steal the manual when they steal your radio.

Right, this is the site I used for mine:

http://www.radio-code.co.uk/

It is actually the top Google result (paid and unpaid)

They got me the code in a matter of minutes after payment.

Give them a go. They also have instructions on where to find your radio serial as well.

loseyourname said:
The dealer should have the number. In fact, you should have been given a card with the number on it when you purchased the car. It's kept separate from the manual so that a thief can't just steal the manual when they steal your radio.

tbh i probably did get a card or something with it when i got the car but I've had it a couple of years now and I am not the most organised of people, as for speakin to the dealer, i gave them a call and they said "it should be printed on the top of the unit, if not we can recode it for £20" <-- thank you very much :(

jarednjames said:
Right, this is the site I used for mine:

http://www.radio-code.co.uk/

It is actually the top Google result (paid and unpaid)

They got me the code in a matter of minutes after payment.

Give them a go. They also have instructions on where to find your radio serial as well.

cheers got the code in a matter of minutes, i did see the site before but i didnt want to pay for somethin that didnt come reccomended

dwaring28720 said:
cheers got the code in a matter of minutes, i did see the site before but i didnt want to pay for somethin that didnt come reccomended

They were excellent for me too. Glad they helped.

The worst sites are those for mobile phone unlock codes. 90% of them don't have the codes for phones and take your money and send you some 'instructions'. It's all kosher though because in their t&c's they say "if we don't have your code we'll send you instructions on what you could do to try and get it".

Very hit and miss with them, I spent a lot to get the one for my phone, gouy stung three times.

What is an unlock code for a Vauxhall Vectra CD player?

An unlock code for a Vauxhall Vectra CD player is a unique numerical code that must be entered into the CD player in order to activate it and allow it to function properly.

How do I obtain an unlock code for my Vauxhall Vectra CD player?

You can obtain an unlock code for your Vauxhall Vectra CD player by contacting a Vauxhall dealership or by using an online unlock code provider.

Why do I need an unlock code for my Vauxhall Vectra CD player?

An unlock code is necessary for security purposes and to prevent theft of the CD player. It ensures that only the owner of the vehicle has access to the CD player.

Can I reset the unlock code for my Vauxhall Vectra CD player?

Yes, you can reset the unlock code for your Vauxhall Vectra CD player. However, this process may vary depending on the specific model and year of your vehicle. It is recommended to consult the owner's manual or contact a dealership for assistance with resetting the code.

What should I do if I forget my Vauxhall Vectra CD player's unlock code?

If you forget your Vauxhall Vectra CD player's unlock code, you can contact a Vauxhall dealership or an online unlock code provider to obtain a new code. You may need to provide proof of ownership for the vehicle before the code can be provided.