Carbon steel fatigue and temperature properties

1. Hi everyone,

I need some specific mechanical properties of A516 carbon steel, but as yet I am unable to find it online. Can you help me find the fatigue limit and the relation between yield strength and temperature? Are there tabulated values for this?

Thanks!
    Mark

edit: found it! seems i need the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code part 2: materials section D: properties...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

4. Thanks Greg,

no worries! i found where i can find the data i need and had already put it in the edit of the opening post. that's probably why nobody has reacted.

5. Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

One pretty much has to buy the appropriate ASME BPV section/case for a code/case material.

ASM has some books, including one on Carbon steels, but they are fairly general. If one is using a case, then buy the appropriate documentation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted