What is the latent heat for medium carbon steel

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 9K views
Addison1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'have searched a lot but could not find latent heat for any kind of medium carbon steel for latent heat from solid to liquid and from liquid to gas. Also I want to know the corresponding melting point and boiling point for that know of steel.
Any link for a table would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Addison1 said:
I'have searched a lot but could not find latent heat for any kind of medium carbon steel for latent heat from solid to liquid and from liquid to gas. Also I want to know the corresponding melting point and boiling point for that know of steel.
Any link for a table would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
How intensive was the search?

A suggestion is to search specific heat of fusion ( latent heat of fusion ). ( vapourization ) ; or ( enthalpy of fusion )

Thus gives the heat needed to turn several metals from solid to liquid.
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fusion-heat-metals-d_1266.html

or
http://resources.yesican-science.ca/lpdd/g07/lp/sh_table.html